Click for Pineville, Missouri Forecast

Support Your Local Library:

Do you shop on
You can Support the McDonald County Library for FREE just by CLICKING HERE when starting your Amazon shopping

(There is no extra cost for you. Our library receives a small commission for referring each sale.)
Thank You for your support!


Read any
good books lately?

Please recommend
them to us!

Heard of a good book you'd like us to make available?
Place a Request Here!

VITA: Free Tax Return Preparation for You by Volunteers

The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) Program offers free tax help for taxpayers who qualify.

Trained volunteers at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites offer free tax filing assistance .  This year’s assistance begins February 2nd and continues through April 13th.  Volunteers are available only one day a week, Wednesdays from 1-7 p.m. at the American Legion building located at 103 Beeman Street in Pineville.   Anyone, regardless of age, can use a VITA site for assistance. VITA volunteers help taxpayers prepare basic tax return forms. The general guideline is a limit of $49,000 a year for household income.  There are no scheduled appointments- walk in only.  First come-first served.

When visiting VITA site, bring the following:

  • Photo ID for Caller (and/or spouse, if filing jointly)
  • If married filing jointly, both spouses must attend appointment.
  • Social security cards for every member of the family (if a card is lost, the taxpayer must contact the social security administration to replace card prior to having taxes prepared)
  • W-2s and/or 1099’s from ALL jobs worked in 2009
  • A check from the taxpayer’s checking account or a savings account number for direct deposit (NOTE: The taxpayer can open a bank account or cash card at the tax site for direct deposit if they do not have an existing account.)
  • Interest statements from financial institutions (if applicable)
  • Tuition and student loan information (if applicable)
  • Documentation from daycare provider, if taxpayer paid for child care in 2009
  • Any other income information or IRS notices received
  • Copy of last years tax return
Bookmark and Share

Comments are closed.