The McDonald County Library has a good selection of Genealogy material, including some very rare records that are specific to McDonald County!
If you have any questions about our Genealogy department in Pineville, please call us at 417-223-4489 and ask for Velta Strong (our genealogy specialist).
Or you can email her your genealogy inquiries at: email@example.com
McDonald County Recorder – Historical Records
New for 2013: If you go to the McDonald County Recorders of Deeds website:
1. Click on the link:
” RECORDED DOCUMENTS WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE AT HTTPS://COTTHOSTING.COM/MOPORTAL ”
2. Simply click the “Sign-in as a guest” button (do not enter anything in the User ID and password fields)
3. Click on “MCDONALD” as the county to search
4. You are now able to search any name for a marriage license (or other recorded documents) in our county:
You can search for any of the following:
- Records relating to real estate ownership in the county. Land records start in 1865.
- Marriage licenses. Marriage records start in 1865.
- Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county.
- State and federal tax liens.
These indexes include all marriage licenses issued in McDonald county from October 1865 to December 2009, 2010 and 2011. There are also instructions on how to order printed copies of the original record kept on file at the County Recorder’s office. The index can be viewed online, organized by the husband’s last name; or the entire index can be downloaded onto your computer in a spreadsheet format.
The McDonald County Library Obituary Database Project
You can quickly search ALL obituaries by lastname, firstname, middle, or even nickname on our NEW
If you need a copy of the entire, original obituary, please contact the library staff.)
We’re very excited about this project, as it makes searching for information about your McDonald county area ancestors much, much easier.
Area Cemetery Information:
AHGP Missouri Cemetery Transcription & Photo Project – A different partial listing of the Cemeteries in McDonald County, hosted by the American History and Genealogy Project (AHGP).
The State Historical Society of Missouri Digital Collection – Provides online access to journals, photographs, newspapers, and oral histories telling the story of Missouri’s history, people, and culture.